June in Florida is always the same. We have very hot and humid mornings with lots of sun. By the afternoon and evening we are slammed with out-of-the-blue tremendous thunder and lightning storms. The last few days I've had some other things going on the morning, so Christopher has patiently been waiting to go to the pool. By the time we are ready to go, the clouds roll in and the rain comes down. I was hoping today we could go first thing, but it's already overcast and looks like the rain is on the way. Perhaps I can convince him that playing in the bathtub could be just as much fun!
Packing is going well and I won't bore you with the details. I'm happy with my progress and hope my hubby will be too when he returns on Sat. It'll be 10 days since we saw him. Chris is still at the age where I can't tell him too early when we are doing things, because his sense of timing is still developing. If I told him today that Daddy is coming home tomorrow, he may very well strap himself into the van and say, "Now we go pick up Daddy". So, I'll likely fill him in about an hour or two before we go to the airport.
Anyone with some thoughts for rainy day child activities, send them my way. I'm about out of creative ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment