Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Steve is home to celebrate his special day with us. We went to church this morning and bid farewell to our beloved church family at Destiny Church. We were members for 4 years and have some incredible memories and are taking away some lasting friendships. God brought some wonderful people into our lives at the church and we are sad to have to part from them.

We had a great lunch at our favorite Latin Restaurant and are now home relaxing before packing a few more boxes. Chris is napping (a miracle in itself) and tonight we will go back to church to say our farewells to the Spanish congregation of Destiny Church. Steve & I loved that ministry and the people and will be sad to say goodbye to such wonderful friends. After that we are off to the airport to pick up my father who is returning from his visit to see my brother and his family in Seattle.

Happy Father's Day to my loving and wonderful Husband -- the best father in the world and who is such a blessing to me and our son. Also, to my Father, such a wonderful, giving man -- I love you and couldn't have asked for a better Dad; and to my Father-in-law, Domingo -- you bring lots of laughter to my life (and you keep me on my toes!)

To all my friends who are reading this blog today and your father is in Heaven this year -- I love you all and I am thinking of you and praying a special peace and comfort on your lives today.

xoxoxo

2 comments:

Liz said...

Thank you Beth - I think that was for me!!! Love, Liz

Natalie said...

Me too :)