Having just spent the morning getting my hair cut and highlighted for the first time since moving, I was excited to get a reaction. I guess ANY reaction. So, when I picked Chris up from school and got him settled into the car, I turned to him and said, "So.. do you notice anything different about me?"
C: "Um.. you changed your shirt?"
M: "No, that's not it..(then I started pulling and pointing to my hair)
C: "Oh.. your hair is darker"
M: "WHAT??????? It is NOT darker, I just got it highlighted..it's LIGHTER.
C: "Nope.. looks darker to me.. just like my hair"
M: "That can't be.. maybe you are just not looking at it in the right light..it's definitely blonder. " (I started twisting my head around like a maniac so he could see that it definitely was lighter) "I just spent a lot of time and money on my hair!"
C: "Still looks the same Mom"
That's right everyone... I have A LOT of work to do on this little boy to prep him for marriage.. LOL Just kidding. Today's lesson was that I should NEVER fish for a complement from my 8 year old...

No comments:
Post a Comment