So, today did NOT go as planned. You ever have one of those days when you feel like you just want to crawl under the covers and stay there? That was what I really wanted to do earlier today, but after I dropped my son off at school, I was "up" so I decided to tackle the never ending "to do" list.
First up was to make a couple of meals for the remainder of the week. I like to do that sometimes so I am not scrambling at the end of the day when I am exhausted and plus it's always nice to have a meal or two in the freezer ready to pop into the oven.
Sooooo, as I was grilling some chicken on the stove top, some liquid flew out of the pan and onto my wrist.. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a nice sized burn on my left wrist. Thankfully, it did not blister. I ran my wrist under cold water, put some antibiotic on it and popped a couple of extra strength Tylenol for the pain. Of course I called my personal triage "nurses" (thanks to my sister, Ruth, and sister-in-law, Shirley!) just to make sure I wasn't forgetting to do something for my wound.
After running to the drugstore to stock up on some burn cream, I came home and went right to my room to take a nap. I'm happy to say that the pain has subsided and I get to sport a lovely bandage to back to school night tonight.
Although the "to do" list is still waiting for me for another day, at least we have a nice meal in the freezer.

No comments:
Post a Comment