Monday, September 3, 2012

Dinner Talk

A few weeks ago while attending a business dinner with Steve's new boss, I had one of those moments as a mom, when I just wanted to hide under the table!  My lovable little 8 year old had been on his "best" behavior for this important dinner.  He had the pre-dinner lecture and knew what was expected of him.  I knew he would be good... I just didn't know for how long.

Everything was smooth sailing for the first two hours.  Then, I noticed Chris was growing a little more restless and my "keep him busy" activities weren't working as well.   So, I engaged him in conversation to keep his mind off wanting to leave because, in his book, this dinner meeting should have been over a long time ago.

Chris starting sharing about how much fun he had at the beach and how he especially loved digging in the sand.

"Mom, next time we go back to the beach, I am going to dig a hole to the other side of the earth!" 

"Wow", I said. "That would take a long time to do.  What would you do when you got there? "

Chris turned to me with his mischievous smile and said, " That's easy!  I would pop my head out and say...Well Helloooooooo Ladies!"

Thankfully Steve and his boss were deep in conversation and didn't pick up on the lively conversation Chris and I were having.  I was sure happy that the dinner wrapped up shortly after that.   One thing's for sure... I'm going to have my hands full with this little ladies man when he's older LOL.

2 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Hysterical! Michael said something similar when he was around the same age. He was combing his hair in the mirror and then stopped and looked at himself and said, "The girls are gonna love me." Boys are so cute!

Busy Mom in CA said...

That's so funny, Lois! I never know what I'm going to get sometimes with Chris. Enjoying every minute, though!