Up until this morning, I believed that there was no other activity more disheartening to a woman than shopping for a bathing suit or a pair of jeans. Both quests can make a woman have a moment of two of body image regret... (regret eating that bowl of ice cream, regret eating that piece of cake, etc.) Today, I realized that bathing suit shopping and jean shopping are a walk in the part compared to the dreaded "boot".
I went off to Marshalls this morning for some retail therapy and I wanted to buy a pair of boots. Specifically dressy boots (AKA -- boots that have no function in bad weather, are not waterproof, but boy do they look nice!) . There are so many different types of boots out there so I grabbed a mix of them (ankle boots, calf boots, knee high boots, etc.) First up was the knee high boot. I sat down and proceeded to pull them on. I had the zipper half way up my calf when IT happened.... I couldn't close the zipper! On the top part of my calf! Are you serious??? Now, call me crazy, but my calves have not changed size. (Thighs are a different story for a blog on a different day) I have not begun a body building regime so they are not muscular and super toned, but my goodness, it took me by surprise.
So then, I am reasoning to myself, that maybe the boots were cut "thin" or "narrow". You know.. if they have a "wide" shoe, maybe this was a "narrow". So, I grabbed a few other pairs, and while able to zip some of them, they just didn't look good. AT ALL. What is a girl to do? So, I guess once you hit 40, I'm best to keep the boots either at my ankles or slightly higher... no knee high boots for this girl.... I guess I better go shopping for a bathing suit or jeans to bolster my body image. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment