Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Biggest Mistake Of My Life

Yesterday I picked Christopher up from school as I do most days. After his name was called to meet me in the lobby, he walked quickly down the hall with his Spiderman book bag on his back, and what appeared to be a library book and a piece of paper in his hand.

When he reached me in the lobby, he said to me,
"Mom.. we have a big problem. You did something wrong today."

"What? How could I have done something wrong.. I wasn't even here in school today."

"Well... you put my library books in my book bag, but you put in the WRONG BOOK! You put in a book from the County Library.. it is not a book from the school library, so you get this note from the library teacher. It has the name of the right book on it that we need to bring back tomorrow."

"Oh.. well that's not that big of a deal, we'll just bring in the right book tomorrow."

"Oh no, Mom.. that was the BIGGEST mistake of YOUR LIFE!" I started chuckling at that point and told him, "I WISH that was the biggest mistake I ever made."

"Mom - I'm serious... we can not let that happen again." to which I said..

"You are right.. the biggest mistake I made in this little scenario is that I was the one who put the books in your book bag.. I was trying to be helpful, but I guess from now on YOU will be the one responsible for that task to make sure the right books find their way back to the school library."

He had to think about that for a minute... I think he is contemplating whether or not I can be trusted with the books or whether I'll make another life-altering mistake LOL.

No comments: