It's been 8 years since my Mom has passed, and it still is very hard for me to walk into a Hallmark store at this time of year. Mother's Day to me is still so bittersweet. I'm so thankful to God that I'm a mom to a wonderful little boy. My mom died before I was married and had a child, and boy are there times that I cry that I can't turn to her for advice, for a hug, and to share in Chris' milestones. Steve's mother has also passed away, and sometimes I feel for Christopher so bad that he will never know the love of a grandmother.
My mom died only a few weeks before mother's day which is why it makes this time of year even harder. I don't think losing your mother is something you ever get over. I remember that at first I could only remember the way she looked toward the end of her life... not the youthful, healthy mom she was for the majority of her life. Thankfully, through the years, that image has faded and when I picture her, I see her in her younger years in my mind and that brings me so much joy.
I was blessed to not only have a Mom, but a Spirit-filled, on fire for God Mom. She made sure that each of us loved the Lord and went to heaven assured that one day we would all be together again. What more could you want in life than a mom that loves Jesus and raises you to be able to know where you can turn when life gets tough. My mom (and Dad) gave me the gift of Jesus and that is a gift that lasts for eternity.
So, even though you aren't here on Mother's Day, Mom, I love you and know we will be celebrating together again some day. Thank you Mom for ALL you did for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment