Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Flush Away

Flush away! Current mood: breezy
My days here in NJ have been spent primarily in the bathroom. No, I'm not sick, or pregnant. You see, I have a 4 year old that is overcoming bathroom "trauma". When he was in preschool briefly last year, the bathroom in the classroom was on the dark side. It had very low lights and it, unfortunately, had a very loud flush. This combined with a less than friendly teacher, lead to my son having bathroom trauma. For the longest time, he would scream at the thought of entering a public restroom.
Several weeks ago we had a breakthrough and he is now entering public restrooms everywhere.. just to hear the sound of the flush. Then he will come out of the bathroom to proclaim to the world whether it was a loud flush or a soft flush. This is a major step for him (and thankfully he uses the toilet fully) but you can only imagine how frustrating it can get that everytime you go out to eat, or to a mall, etc. the only thing he wants to do is go to the bathroom... at least 4 times.. to try every toilet and hear the flush. I know this is just a stage and I'm so grateful he is overcoming his fears... one flush at a time.
xoxo

1 comment:

ivette said...

That's my boy and I'm soooooo proud of him!


Hugs & kisses
Love,
(Titi) Ivette