Have you ever noticed that it is more exciting to pack for a trip then to unpack after it is over? Or how much fun it is to prepare for a special occasion whether it's a birthday celebration, an anniversary or just a fun get together with friends, then it is too clean up after the party is over? That's kind of what it feels like after Christmas and New Years, isn't it? The preparation, the excitement..you can feel it in the air. Today as we were taking down the tree and all the decorations, I kind of felt sad. Another Christmas come and gone... a new year is here. It was almost like the anticipation was over and ..now what? Tomorrow life goes back to what ever "normal" is for you and me. My son will head back to school, and my husband and I will work.
Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of exciting events coming, up.. plenty to look forward to... so I said a little prayer as I was closing the boxes and putting away the lights. Lord, let me never lose my excitement over the things that you have planned for me. May each day I wake excited as I anticipate how you are going to use me each day.
My heart feels lighter and I know that I don't have to feel like the party is over.. the party is just beginning!
No comments:
Post a Comment