What happened to November? For that matter, what happened to this year? Can it really be that tomorrow is December 1st? By looking around my house, I can tell that it is. Christmas tree, check; house decorated, check; gifts purchased, working on it!
Today I had my pre-December panic. Around the last few days of November I start to panic about my son's birthday. You see, his birthday is the day after Christmas and every year I go into full panic mode that I will somehow in the hustle and bustle of Christmas forget to buy him a card or (gasp!) even a gift!! So, today during my lunch break I ran to Duane Reade (thank God there is one on each NYC street it would seem) and purchased his card. Since we've already purchased his birthday gift, the only task left to panic about is making sure I wrap it in Happy Birthday paper as opposed to Christmas paper, and to bake him a cake before his special day.
I hope each of you can take a few moments over the next few weeks and enjoy this wonderful time of year.
Today I had my pre-December panic. Around the last few days of November I start to panic about my son's birthday. You see, his birthday is the day after Christmas and every year I go into full panic mode that I will somehow in the hustle and bustle of Christmas forget to buy him a card or (gasp!) even a gift!! So, today during my lunch break I ran to Duane Reade (thank God there is one on each NYC street it would seem) and purchased his card. Since we've already purchased his birthday gift, the only task left to panic about is making sure I wrap it in Happy Birthday paper as opposed to Christmas paper, and to bake him a cake before his special day.
I hope each of you can take a few moments over the next few weeks and enjoy this wonderful time of year.
1 comment:
Can't believe this year went by so fast, and our boys will be 8! All will be well, you will remember everything, you're a great Mommy! xxoo
Post a Comment