Thursday, August 18, 2011

What Is Up With August

It has been a very busy month for me and my health. For those of you who follow me on facebook, you may have seen my posting about going to the doctor. About a month or so ago I started having severe pain in between meals… I mean SEVERE pains. I was nauseous and knew that I needed to get to a doctor. So, I set up an appointment with my primary doctor and, after discussing my symptoms, she sent me off for an ultrasound.

They discovered 3 kidney stones (one in my left kidney and 2 in my right). The urologist said that they will either pass or get bigger. Either way, I am sure in for a lot more pain before it gets better. So, I am drinking a ton of water and I’m on a low fat diet..just waiting until I pass these stones or for 6 months to pass.. whichever should happen first. If nothing happens in 6 months then I am back to the doctor for another ultrasound to see if they have gotten bigger and then he will likely blast them so I can pass them.

The other issue I am having is that the real cause of my abdominal pain was not the kidney stones, but rather the gallstones they found in my gall bladder! So, another visit with another physician.. this time a surgeon and low and behold my gallbladder has to come out on October 7th. So, if you could add me to your prayer list, I would greatly appreciate it.

August is just full of surprises!

No comments: