Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Monday or Tuesday

Today must be a Monday…only it’s not. It’s Tuesday but I was so tired when I got into work today, I was convinced that it HAD to be Monday. I honestly didn’t know how I was going to get through today and was seriously contemplating a cup of coffee – which means I was REALLY tired.

So, I did my Mister Roger’s routine of taking off my walking sneakers, putting on my sweater and turning on my computer and prepared myself for what was going to be a very long day. Just as I let out a big sigh, my eye caught a glimpse of my Barbara Johnson daily calendar “Splashes of Joy”. God knows I needed a splash today. So, I flipped the page to today’s date to be greeted with: “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest;” Matthew 11:28. I instantly smiled and bowed my head and gave thanks for a loving God who gives rest to the weary. I gave all my concerns, worries and fatigue to the Lord and knew that the day was only going to get better. It definitely feels like Tuesday now.

No comments: