Sunday, November 21, 2010

S-T-R-E-S-S

I have a lot to be stressed about... way too much to do - not even sure why I am sitting here and blogging, and yet here I am. So many good things happening this week... thanksgiving and spending time with my husband's family, and then off to visit with my family for a few days in Florida. I know that by Thursday and Friday of this week, the stress I am feeling at this very moment will be just a memory... if I can just tackle one day at a time it will all be ok.

So, here's just a glimpse into what's happening:
- Today a cavity or cap, fell out and I have a gaping hole in the back of one of my teeth... not good 4 days prior to Thanksgiving! Oh, and we switched dental plans and have to hunt down a dentist in the next 24 hours.
- I am room parent and am organizing my son's Thanksgiving Party, craft, snack, etc. Can someone shoot me for picking a craft where I have to draw/cut out 180 leaves!? And no, we don't have enough time during the party to just let the kids do it.
- My dryer died last week... the good news is that I haven't had to do laundry the last few days... the bad news... I almost have to climb over the laundry pile in my bedroom to get into bed.
- Good news - a new dryer is being delivered Tuesday.. just in time for me to wash some clothes before packing for Florida.
- Pies, pies, pies! I LOVE to bake so the highlight of my Thanksgiving is making the desserts. On tap for this Thursday is homemade apple pie, pumpkin pie and a special request from one of my nephews, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. A special note to my family... I am sorry to announce that the leftovers of said pastries will not be heading to Florida with me.

So -- quite a lot happening, but I am thankful for it all. I am thankful for a sound mind, for a Savior who loves me, provides for me and never leaves. He knows my frustrations and is walking beside me.

Hope to update you all as the week goes on.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Hope you get everything accomplished! Had our washing machine die, sort of, a few days before Olivia got so sick and I really needed the washing machine to work and thank you Lord, it worked pretty well last Monday. The pies do sound delicious but your trip sounds even better. I know you're going to have a great time with Steve and Sara and all the kids being there. Hope you find a dentist!!