Do you hear that sound? You don't??? Get closer to your computer... closer...closer... Ok.. I'm messing with you.. There is no sound! (Did you seriously bend in closer? I bet you did!)
Anyway, the point is... there is NO sound in my house. Just my fingers clicking away on the keyboard. (My piano teacher would have a royal FIT if she saw how long my fingernails are!) Chris is at school... 2 weeks into his new school year.... 2 weeks into him being gone from 8:40 am until 4:00 pm. That's a L-O-N-G time for him to be gone and a L-O-N-G time for me to be home without the endless questions, the requests for food or drinks and to wear my hat as activities director. Don't get me wrong, I miss him.. it's too quiet. Although, I must say, my house is looking much tidier and, dare I say it ... I have some time to myself. For those of you who have endured the perils of having a child in 1/2 day kindergarten, you will sympathize with me on how brutal that was... 3 lousy hours was all you had. I was so FRAZZLED! I could barely go food shopping, unpack the groceries or clean a couple of rooms before I had to race to pick him up. It was rough. This year is a little easier. I can exercise (Not that I actually have yet, but I can when the spirit moves me) I can meet friends for lunch, I can browse in stores without someone tugging on me to look at the toy department.
Honestly, I think I am most grateful for the quiet time with God... it's not sandwiched in between brushing my teeth and putting breakfast on the table. It's actually quiet... and I can take my time... reflect and pray. What a concept!
Anyway, if nothing else I'm learning to be content in whatever season in life I am in. I was just telling my husband the other day that I really want to treasure each day we have together. Oftentimes the days just roll into each other and before you know it, our son will be in college. I just want to savor every joyous moment we have together as a family.... and while he's in school and my house is a little more quiet, I know that God will help me in using this time to not only better take care of our home and spend time working my business, but in using me for whatever purpose he has for me. So, whether you are still in the "frazzled" season of life with you kids, or are finally enjoying a little more "silence" during the day, take a deep breath and enjoy the day..whatever it may bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment