Thursday, December 16, 2010

Greatest Gift

It seems like I just got back from Florida (and still have yet to blog about most of my adventures!) and yet we are turning around and going back next week! This time we will be doing the road trip.. aka.. 2 1/2 days of travel down, 2 full days coming back. I know some of you may think that's silly.. why not just fly.. but when you factor, air fare, renting a vehicle, shipping Christmas gifts to and from Florida, it just made more sense to drive.

The last few weeks have been hectic. My poor husband has had severe bronchitis to the point where his ribs hurt and, if he has the misfortune of laughing, it just sends him into a coughing frenzy. He's been on almost every medication known to man and is finally getting some of his strength back.

Chris is excited about next week, although he is not thrilled that he will be missing 1 1/2 days of school (he seriously LOVES school). It's such a blessing to have a little boy and I'm so in awe of how God uses him to show me things. A few months ago, the kids at church were asked if they wanted to participate in the upcoming Christmas program. At first, Chris was excited.. he is a total ham when he sings with the kids choir and Steve and I grew up doing Christmas programs so we thought this would be great... a rite of passage so to speak. So, he went to the first couple of rehearsals and then he announced that he didn't want to be in the play. My first reaction was of course you are going to be in the play.. you started rehearsing.. some of your friends are in it.. .Mommy and Daddy grew up doing these.. it will be fun! He let it go for a few days, and then he approached us again. It wasn't that he didn't want to be in the show as much as it was that they practiced for the program during children's church so every Sunday he was missing out on the bible lessons, play time, craft, snack, etc. What a little sweet heart. So, I told him, that if being in children's church each Sunday was more important to him than he didn't have to be in the program. I thought how blessed I am to have a son who seeks to have the word of God poured into him each Sunday... and that he doesn't want anything in his life to interfere with that. My husband has been asking me what I want for Christmas this year, but I think I already got it....

No comments: